The MC33063A-Q1 device is an easy-to-use IC containing all the primary circuitry needed for building simple DC-DC converters. The device primarily consists of an internal temperature-compensated reference, a comparator, an oscillator, a PWM controller with active current limiting, a driver, and a high-current output switch. Thus, the device requires minimal external components to build converters in the boost, buck, and inverting topologies.
The MC33063A-Q1 device is characterized for operation from –40°C to 125°C.
• AEC-Q100 Qualified With the Following Results:
– Device HBM ESD Classification Level 2
– Device CDM ESD Classification Level C4B
• Wide Input Voltage Range: 3 V to 40 V
• High Output Switch Current: Up to 1.5 A
• Adjustable Output Voltage
• Oscillator Frequency: Up to 100 kHz
• Precision Internal Reference: 2%
• Short-Circuit Current Limiting
• Low Standby Current
Automotive: Buck, Boost, and Inverting