The DLR/DLO/DLG3416 is a four character 5 x 7 dot matrix display module with a built-in CMOS integrated circuit.
The integrated circuit contains memory, ASCII ROM decoder, multiplexing circuitry and drivers. Data entry is asynchronous and can be random. A display system can be built using any number of DLX3416s since each digit can be addressed independently and will continue to display the character last stored until replaced by another.
System interconnection is very straightforward. The least significant two address bits (A0, A1) are normally connected to the like-named inputs of all displays in the system. With four chip enables, four displays (16 characters) can easily be interconnected without a decoder.
• 0.270" High, Dot Matrix Characters
• 128 Special ASCII Characters for English, German, Italian, Swedish, Danish, and Norwegian Languages
• Wide Viewing Angle: X Axis ±50° Maximum, Y Axis ±75° Maximum
• Close Multi-line Spacing, 0.8" Centers
• Fast Access Time, 110 ns at 25°C
• Full Size Display for Stationary Equipment
• Built-in Memory
• Built-in Character Generator
• Built-in Multiplex and LED Drive Circuitry
• Each Character Independently Accessed
• TTL Compatible, 5.0 V Power, VIH=2.0 V, VIL=0.8 V
• Independent Cursor Function
• Memory Clear Function
• Display Blank Function for Blinking and Dimming
• End Stackable, 4-Character Package
• Intensity Coded for Display Uniformity
• Extended Operating Temperature Range: –40°C to +85°C
• Wave Solderable