The M66503A is a constant current LED driver IC, whose output current is variable. The IC’s functions include 16-bit serial input/parallel output shift register with output latch. The product uses Bi-CMOS process for highly accurate constant current driving, permitting high-efficiency LED driving without using a resistor that limits LED current. Settings for the LED drive current are made by an external resister, thereby ensuring a maximum output current of 30 mA, enough for anode-common LED driving. Furthermore, the pin configuration of the IC permits easier wiring on a printed board.
• Anode-common LED driving
• Constant current output: Set to a value within a range between 0 and 30mA with an external resistor only. Simultaneous lighting available.
• Pins (OEA, OEB) provided for forced ON/OFF of LED drive current.
• Greater noise margin: Total-input Schmitt circuit is employed to deal with longer wire lengths.
• Input/output CMOS compatible
• Serial data output provided (SQ15)
• 5V single power supply
• Pin configuration for easier wiring on printed board
LED array drivers for display panel and printer. Other various