The GE79XXA series of fixed-voltage monolithic integrated-circuit voltage regulators are designed to complement Series GE78XXA in a wide range of applications. These applications include on-card regulation for elimination of noise and distribution problems associated with single-point regulation. Each of these regulators can deliver up to 1.5 amperes of output current. The internal current limiting and thermal shutdown features of these regulators make them essentially immune to overload. In addition to use as fixed-voltage regulators, these devices can be used with external components to obtain adjustable output voltage and current and also as the power pass element in precision regulators.
● -5V, -6V, -8V, -12V, -15V, -18V, -24V output voltage available
● Internal Thermal Overload Protection
● High Power Dissipation Capability
● Internal Short-Circuit Current Limiting
● No External Components
● Output Transistor Safe-Area Compensation