The TL431, A, B integrated circuits are three–terminal programmable shunt regulator diodes. These monolithic IC voltage references operate as a low temperature coefficient zener which is programmable from Vref to 36 V with two external resistors. These devices exhibit a wide operating current range of 1.0 mA to 100 mA with a typical dynamic impedance of 0.22 Ω. The characteristics of these references make them excellent replacements for zener diodes in many applications such as digital voltmeters, power supplies, and op amp circuitry. The 2.5 V reference makes it convenient to obtain a stable reference from 5.0 V logic supplies, and since the TL431, A, B operates as a shunt regulator, it can be used as either a positive or negative voltage reference.
• Programmable Output Voltage to 36 V
• Voltage Reference Tolerance: ±0.4%, Typ @ 25°C (TL431B)
• Low Dynamic Output Impedance, 0.22 Ω Typical
• Sink Current Capability of 1.0 mA to 100 mA
• Equivalent Full–Range Temperature Coefficient of 50 ppm/°C Typical
• Temperature Compensated for Operation over Full Rated Operating
• Low Output Noise Voltage