Twenty One Thermal Cut−offs (also known as Thermal Fuses) are now included in the NTE product line. They are miniature, NON−RESETTABLE temperature sensitive devices designed to prevent appliances and electronic equipment from overheating. NTE thermal cutoffs are UL and CSA listed.
Literally thousands of different applications have been devised for thermal−cutoffs, thus providing a large replacement market. Such applications include:
• Hair Dryers • Refrigerators • Battery Chargers
• Irons • Hot Plates • Glue Guns
• Electric Motors • Window Fans • Coffee Makers
• Microwave Ovens • Popcorn Poppers • Dishwashers
• Toasters • UPS • And hundreds of others
The TCO (Thermal Cut−Off) responds to temperature by interrupting an electrical circuit when the operating and/or environmental temperature exceeds the thermal rating of the device. This is accomplished when the internal organic pellet experiences a phase change, allowing the spring activated contacts to permanently open the circuit.
• Maximum Current Rating: 15 Amps
• Typical Opening Temperature Tolerance: +0C, −5C
• 18 Gauge Solid Copper Wire
• Full 1 1/3 ” leads to fit all replacement configurations
• All types meet the requirements of Underwriters Laboratories Specifications, CSA, and VDE.
• Each device comes packaged with 2 crimp splices for solderless connection.
• UL File No. E212625
• UL File No. E126429
• UL File No. E117626 (Guide # XCMQ2)
• C−UL File No. E117626 (Guide # XCMQ8)
• CSA File No. LR43279
• VDE File No. 115369